Are These CE Courses Unacceptable?
- Courses which deal with self-improvement, changes in attitude, self-therapy, self-awareness, weight loss and yoga
- Economic courses for financial gain, e.g. investments, retirement, preparing resumes, techniques for job interviews, etc.
- Courses designed for lay people
- Liberal Arts courses in music, art, philosophy, and others, when unrelated to patient/client care
- Orientation programs - orientation meaning a specific series of activities designed to familiarize employees with the policies and procedures of an institution
- Courses which focus on personal appearance in nursing
- CPR and BLS courses, basic EKG/dysrhythmia courses as well as basic IV courses that are similar to those used to certify licensed vocational nurses to start IVs
- A course with identical content and objectives taken twice during the same renewal cycle will have its contact hours counted only once.